- March 21, 2018
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: News
Cardiff Council’s Meals on Wheels service will deliver to customers over the Easter bank holidays for the first time.
Customers of the service can now enjoy a hot, nutritious meal delivered to their homes on Good Friday and Easter Monday.
The move comes after the success of the service’s Christmas deliveries when customers were able to receive meals on Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Customers that meet one of the following criteria can receive the service:
– Having difficulty preparing a meal safely
– Liable to self-neglect or would eat an inappropriate diet without the service
– Unable to shop for food
– Have a mental or physical disability
– Needing support due to recovery from hospitalisation or illness; carer illness or holiday, or bereavement.
The affordable service caters for people of all ages, not just the elderly and customers can choose when and how often they would like to receive meals. A wide selection of meals, catering for a variety of diets, conditions and cultural choices are available for £3.90 a day for a main meal and £4.50 for a main meal and dessert.