- August 21, 2015
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: Latest News
In February, Council asked for your views on plans for transforming Llandaff North Library and Day Centre into a Community Hub. Drop in sessions were held, and surveys made available for you to feedback your views.
258 people filled in the survey. 80% of the respondents who expressed an opinion supported the plans for the new Community Hub to be located in the refurbished Llandaff North Library and Day Centre. Particular support was expressed for the library services, internet access, a community cafe, information & advice and community events in the proposed Hub.
A number of suggestions were made for improving the draft plans. These views have been taken on board, and amendments include:
• Larger café and kitchen area;
• Relocation of the interview rooms;
• Extra space for “into work” and partner advice;
• Relocation of main reception to increase surveillance;
• Better links between library / café rea and advice / IT training area;
• Changes to the look of the outside of the building.
Detailed plans for the refurbishment and conversion are now being prepared. Subject to planning permission and other approvals, building work will start in Spring 2016.
If you have any issues, comments /questions, please get in touch with us.
Cllr Dilwar Ali – Email: [email protected] or Mobile: 07734 880397
Cllr Sue White – Email:[email protected] or Mobile: 07779 354776
Julie Morgan AM for Cardiff North – Email: [email protected] Or Tel: 029 2061 4577