- October 21, 2017
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: Latest News
Photo Credit: Wales Online
Future arrangements for patients of Cathedral View Medical Centre
Your local councillors Jennifer and Dilwar have recently received communications from Cardiff & Vale University Health Board on the above matter.
– In May 2017, GPs at Cathedral View Medical Centre and Llwynbedw Medical Centre formally withdrew from their General Medical Services (GMS) contract with Cardiff and Vale University Health Board. Therefore, Dr Adams & Partners will cease to provide services from both sites on 30th November 2017.
– From December 1st 2017, Llwynbedw Medical Centre will close and Cathedral View Medical Centre will become a branch surgery for North Road Medical Practice.
– Cardiff and Vale University Health Board undertook a competitive process to find new GPs for the contract, but unfortunately did not receive any formal applications to take over the contract in its entirety. The Health Board have worked closely with four GP Practices within the local community to transfer the majority of patients to these practices.
The four practices are:
–North Road Medical Centre
–Llandaff North Medical Centre
–Bishops Road Medical Centre
–Llwyncelyn Medical Centre
– The Health Board will be writing to patients in the next few days to let them know about the changes and the details of their proposed new GP Practice. Patients have been allocated to a practice close to their home and will automatically transfer to the new practice on 1 December 2017.
– Unfortunately the four identified practices do not have capacity for all of the patient numbers and they anticipate around 2,500 patients will need to be transferred to other local practices.
– The Health Board will be communicating with those practices separately to undertake a managed dispersal of the remaining cohort of patients and will update further once this work is complete.
– The outcome for all affected patients is the same in that they will be allocated to a practice whose boundary covers their home address. The Health Board seek to highlight to patients that the allocation does not affect patient choice and if they choose to register elsewhere they are free to do so.
If you would like to discuss any information in this letter, please contact the Primary Care Team on 029 21834514.
If you would like further information on this issue and help from your local Councillors, please contact:
Cllr Dilwar Ali on [email protected]
Cllr Jennifer Burke-Davies on [email protected]