- May 9, 2014
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: Latest News
Food Waste Collections
How to use your kerbside caddy
• Line your kitchen caddy with the liners provided and fill with food waste. Please remove all food packaging and wrappings.
• When the liner is full, tie it closed and put it into your kerbside food waste caddy.
• Place your kerbside food caddy on the pavement for weekly collection.
• Please do not line your kerbside food caddy with any plastic bags, or the Council issued garden waste bio- bags.
What can go in your caddy?
All raw and cooked food waste can go in your caddy for composting.
• fruit and vegetable peelings
• egg shells
• tea bags, coffee grounds
• left over cooked food (e.g. rice and pasta, vegetables)
• stale bread
• dairy products
• meat, fish, shells and bones
• food past its use by date
How do we collect your food waste?
Our collection crews empty your brown kerbside caddy into a 240L wheeled bin. This bin is used to collect the whole street’s food waste. Once it is full enough, the bin is tipped into the food waste lorry. These bins can vary in colour, but please rest assured that the only material going into the bins is food waste.
Kerbside caddies make getting rid of your food waste a cleaner and easier process. Preventing animals from accessing food waste and reducing litter from split bags.
If you need a new kitchen caddy, please order a new caddy online or contact us at Connect to Cardiff.
Find out your new collection day for waste and recycling collections.
Important collection information
Make sure you put your kerbside food caddy outside your property before 6am on the day of collection, but no earlier than 4.30pm the evening before.
Don’t forget to take your kerbside food caddy back onto your property by 9am the following day.
What happens to my food waste?