- December 19, 2014
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: Latest News
Cyd Cymru – Wales Together
Get ready to save money with the nation’s collective energy buying scheme !
Registration opens in January 2015 for the next energy switch, after two successful switches in 2014.
The first step is to register your interest by providing some information about your home and your energy use. You can register by clicking register here or by calling the contact centre on 0800 093 5902.
New tariff offers will be sent to registered households in March 2015. When the new price offers are ready, you will be able see how much you could save before you decide whether you want to switch. At the same time, you will also be able to see how the offer made to you compares with other market tariffs on offer.
The Cyd Cymru / Wales Together collective energy switch is:
• Free to register and to switch
• There is no obligation for you to switch
• It’s available to everyone who lives in Wales
• It’s available to all households who pay their energy bill directly to an energy company, regardless of household income or property type
• Those who register receive individual energy tariff offers based upon the information that they supply about their home and energy use.
• It’s available to pre-payment meter customers, who may be able to switch even if there is money owing to an existing energy supplier.
Last year Cyd Cymru / Wales Together helped over 1,500 households in Wales to switch to a cheaper energy tariff, saving on average £185 per household. Many registered households were offered a unique energy tariff which was negotiated for them.
Whilst energy and other bills continue to rise, saving money has never been so important. Collective energy switching allows people to group together to negotiate better deals with energy providers.
The more people that register and group together the bigger the savings we can make.
If you have any issues, comments /questions, please get in touch with us.
Cllr Dilwar Ali – Email: [email protected] or Mobile: 07734 880397
Cllr Sue White – Email:[email protected] or Mobile: 07779 354776
Note: Information copy from Council website.