- March 27, 2019
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: News
A new integrated service, providing a supportive and enhanced environment for people living with dementia was officially opened in Cardiff.
The new service at the new Integrated Dementia Day Service on Grand Avenue is being delivered to meet the needs of people with moderate to high care and support needs across the city.
The facility – the former Council-owned and managed Grand Avenue Older People’s Day Centre, has undergone a complete redesign and major refurbishment works to create a stunning example of a best practice dementia-friendly environment.
In a joint venture between Cardiff Council and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, both nurses and care assistants now deliver better quality services to people who use the centre in improved environments. This includes:
- bright and spacious lounge and dining areas;
- contemporary bathing and toilet facilities;
- a cinema room;
- space for therapeutic interventions and;
- an attractive and accessible garden and patio area.