- March 8, 2017
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: Latest News
Labour in Llandaff North: Achievements over the last 5 year term:
• Llandaff North Library: Refurbished the and converted into a community hub.
• Campaigned for school improvements in Llandaff North. Gabalfa Primary and Ysgol Glan Ceubal, will have two
brand new schools built on their joint site. Work will begin this year complete in 2018.
• Llandaff North Station: following extensive campaigning with MPs and AMs , we delivered the improvements to
the station footbridge and lift. Major improvements will be carried out at Llandaff North Train Station Car
• Cornelly Close: Worked with local people to establish residents group
• Many roads and pavements resurfaced across the Ward, including:
(Evansfield Road, College Road, Gabalfa Road, Gabalfa Avenue, Western Avenue North, Andrews Road,
• Hailey Park: Fencing installed along River Taff on either side of the underpass
• Hailey Park: Proposal for improvements to the old Bowling Green and tennis courts.
• Aberdulais Crescent: New roofs installed.
• Clarbeston Road: Improvements to flats, installation of railings and gates, resurfacing of rear courtyard,
new bin store, rotary washing lines and secure rear access gate.
• Colwinstone Street: A ‘facelift’ to the frontages of bungalows, new dwarf walls, railings and drives with
• Lydstep Crescent: New paths and ramped access to flats.
• Lydstep Flats: disabled access and new lift Installed in blocks 1, 2 and 3
• River View: Resolved the longstanding parking problem with resident bays.
• Llandaff North + Gabalfa: several new pedestrian crossings and highway safety schemes installed.
• Mynachdy Road / Aberteifi Crescent :Low bridge Signage .
• Aberdulais Road, Bacton Road, Aberpoth Road: Work will commence soon on BISF houses.
• Supported Neighbourhood Regeneration Scheme applications to improve our local communities.
• Supported Llandaff North Festival and community events.
• Presented number of Motions to Council e.g. No TTIP, Dangerous Dogs (Animal Welfare Protection) which was
unanimously supported by all parties in the Council chamber.
• Councillors Community Award to recognise special contributions of people of Llandaff North and Gabalfa.
• Regular surgeries, with home visits if needed, and always available to local constituents.