- May 14, 2014
- Posted by: Llandaff North Labour
- Category: Latest News
Bulky household waste
If you have any items of furniture that could be re-used by someone else, why not donate them to a charity so other people can make use out of them. There are a number of charities who take furniture in Cardiff. For example –
Cardiff YMCA Housing Association – 02920 466381
Track 2000 – 02920 332533
British Heart Foundation – 08442 489147
You can also take your unwanted bulky items to our Household Waste Recycling Centres.
We provide a collection and disposal service for large or awkward items of household waste such as fridges, freezers and furniture. PLEASE NOTE, THE BULKY WASTE COLLECTION IS FOR THE COLLECTION OF HOUSEHOLD WASTE ONLY.
To discuss and arrange a bulky waste collection, please call C2C on 029 2087 2087.
• Up to 3 items = £15
• An extra £5 for each added item (Maximum of 5 items per booking, per collection address)
*If you are on certain benefits we might be able to help with the collection cost. Call C2C on 029 2087 2087 for more details.
Payments can only be made to C2C by debit or credit card. Cash or cheques will not be accepted for phone bookings, but can be paid in person at Lamby Way – call C2C on 029 2087 2087 for more details.
We collect these items:
• beds (electric beds not included)
• fridge/freezer (must be clean and empty of all food waste)
• washing machine
• light fittings
• sink / wash hand basins
• doors – internal and external
• fitted and mirrored wardrobe doors
• kitchen units including workbenches and cupboards
• gas fires – unless it is a Calor gas fire, in which case we can only collect it without a bottle
• radiators unless oil filled or electric
We do not collect:
• garage doors
• fence panels
• grates / gates
• rubble / sand
• garden sheds
• tins of paint
• car batteries
• cast iron baths
• bottles of gas
• bundles of wood
(Information copy from Cardiff Council website)